- Preheat over to 325 and spray a baking sheet or 9x12 baking dish with non-stick spray. The 9x12 baking dish will yeild thicker bars.
- Mix oats, powdered milk, and protein powder in bowl and blend well.
- In separate bowl, combine eggwhites, orange juice, applesauce, and the sugar-free syrup and blend well.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients until blended. The consistency will be thick and similar to cookie dough.
- Spread batter onto pan and bake until edges are crisp and browned.
- Cut into 10 bars and store in airtight container or freeze.
- Nutritional Information Per Bar: Calories-157,Carbs-23g,Protein-15g,Fat-.5g,Fiber-4g
- If you find you want a moister bar, use 1/2 cup of natural applesauce.
- Kitchen Tip for Lowfat Baking:
Did you know you can replace the oil in a recipe with an equal amount of applesauce? Applesauce will add the same moisture of fat but not the added calories and it wont alter the flavor.
What You Need
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups powdered non-fat milk
- 4 scoops low carb chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup sugar-free maple syrup (Cozy Cottage, Cary's or Howard's)
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 c. natural applesauce