The Bottom Line
- Great tasting and convenient - it is very easy to carry and is ready to drink.
- High fiber/low in carbs (9 grams) - 5 of the total 9 grams are from fiber.
- Zero transfats and zero sugars. Contains 9 grams of good fats plus vitamins and minerals.
- 40 grams of high quality protein from milk and whey sources.
- Container with resealable cap delivers more undenatured protein than a canned drink.
- High in sodium so need to be mindful of this during pre-contest dieting.
- Serving size is too high for women though it can easily be split in half in this case.
- Awesome taste. They come in vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, banana, and strawberry flavors that taste as advertised.
- Comes in convenient patented container with resealable cap that delivers more undenatured protein than a canned drink.
- High in proteins. Contains 40 grams of high quality slow released (milk based) and fast released (whey based) proteins.
- High in good fats. It contains 9 grams from high oleic safflower oil.
- Low in carbs. Contains 9 grams of carbs but since 5 grams are from fiber, only 4 grams of carbs impact blood sugar levels.
- No transfats (partially hydrogenated oils), no sugars, and no artificial flavors.
- Fortified with 22 vitamins and minerals that hard training bodybuilders need.
- No need to refrigerate and it can be stored safely without refrigeration for months.
- New food processing method was used which denatures protein by less than 12% as opposed to 87% by traditional methods.
- Resealable container so no need to drink it all at once. Women, for instance, can make 2 servings out of each container.
Guide Review - Bodybuilding Supplements Review - Labrada's Lean Body Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Shake
Labrada's Lean Body Ready To Drink (RTD) contains 40 grams of a special protein blend made of spray dried ultra filtered milk protein isolate, yielding fast acting whey protein peptides, and slow acting casein peptides, whey protein concentrate, and calcium caseinate. This is a superior blend as combining fast released with slow released proteins is the best way to maximize protein synthesis and minimize catabolism since amino acids are being delivered in a sustained manner.
But what really makes this RTD superior to all of the other ones in the market is the way in which it is created. Instead of using the traditional retort processing that canned RTDs use, an aceptic processing method is used. Retort processing heats up the canned RTD for 45 minutes at around 300 degrees Farenheit to sterilize the can and the liquid. However, this also results in up to 87% denaturing of the protein. So though your canned drink may contain 45 grams of protein, most of it cannot be used by the body. Labrada uses a new method called aceptic processing which only exposes the liquid to 4 minutes of high degree (300 F) temperature. This results in less than 12% of the protein being denatured as opposed to 87%.