Why Not 2 Hours At The Gym?
Because after 45 minutes to 1 hour of training the muscle building/fat burning hormones of most people begin to deplete while cortisol levels (fat storing/muscle burning hormone) increase.
This routine is designed to be performed in the comfort of your home assuming that you have the following equipment:
- Adjustable dumbbells.
- Adjustable bench with a good leg extension/leg curl attachment.
- Pulley that can be attached at the end of the bench to perform pull-downs or pull-up bar.
- Determination to get things done.
Types of Training
We will use two types of training in order to re-sculpt our physique:
- Anaerobic work: Weight training is the number 1 way to re-sculpt your body. No ladies, weight training won't make you muscle bound as you girls do not produce enough testosterone to allow for such a thing to happen. Why is weight training so important?
Weight training is far superior to any other type of exercise because it increases your metabolism (which in turn helps you burn fat) and gives shape to your body.
- Aerobic work Walking, stationary bike or doing an elliptical machine in your Fat Burning Zone (which is (220 - Age) * .75 = Fat Burning Heart Rate) is a good way to accelerate the fat burning process, as long as it is not overdone, and as long as it is only used in addition to a good weight-training program. Cardiovascular work should never be used as a substitute for weight training because aerobics cannot create muscle tone.
Take 220 and minus your age which is accurate to approximately +15 Beats Per Minute. You then take that number and multiply it by .75 - .85, which will give you your percentages of 75% -- 85% of your Maximum Heart Rate.
(220-Age) x .75 = beats per minute (lower range)
(220-Age) x .85 = beats per minute (upper range)
This is the Target Range or Zone that you want to stay in when doing any type of cardiovascular (aerobic) activity. When in this range your body is getting an optimum workout with maximum benefit, and it stays in a Fat Burning mode.