New Year's resolutions typically include, amongst many other things, the goals of losing fat and gaining muscle, of course. In my opinion, bodybuilding is the fastest way to achieve these goals, as by definition, bodybuilding is following a lifestyle that uses weight training, cardiovascular exercise and nutrition to re-shape your physique through the increase of lean muscle mass and reduction of fat stores.
Can I Use Bodybuilding Even If I Do Not Want To Get Too Big?
But wait a minute! You never want to step on a bodybuilding stage, nor do you have dreams of getting that big anyways. If that is the case, not a problem! To me, a bodybuilder is anyone that uses weight training, cardiovascular exercise and nutrition to accomplish specific fitness goals.
In this bodybuilding site I share with you the knowledge I've gained through many years of practicing the bodybuilding lifestyle so that you too can achieve any physique goal you may have. How far you take your physique development or whether you ever get to compete or not are entirely up to you.
And if you fear getting too big by accident then believe me, that look will definitely not happen by mere chance. This is especially true for women since they do not produce the amount of testosterone needed to grow their muscles to the size that a man can accommplish. It takes years of strict adherence (almost to an obsessive level) to a bodybuilding lifestyle, in addition to calculated planning of your workouts and nutrition plan, to accomplish such an endeavor.
However, if getting really big and shredded (bodybuilding term for defined) is your goal, then no need to worry as in this site you will find all of the information you will need to accomplish that as well.
Let's Get Started On The Path To A New You Through Bodybuiding!
To help you achieve your bodybuilding endeavors, whether these are to simply gain a few pounds of muscle and lose a lot of bodyfat to look good at the beach, to gain tons of muscle weight or to get ready for a bodybuilding competition, I decided to put together this resource guide that will point you to all of the relevant information that you will need in order to accomplish your goals.
You will find everything here: bodybuilding training routines, diet plans and bodybuilding supplements' advice. Now there is no excuse for not accomplishing your bodybuilding goals in this New Year!
1. Set realistic and measurable goals and attack them with the right mindset. I always say, aim high but be realistic. For instance, if on the next 12 weeks you plan on losing 50 lbs of fat, then that is unrealistic. Instead, settle for a loss of 1.5 to 2 lbs on the average per week and that will equate to 18-24 lbs! Twelve more weeks of dieting and you will accomplish your long-term 50 lb loss. When it comes to muscle gain we really need to be patient. If you have 14-inch arms, do not expect them to be 18 by the end of 12 weeks. Instead settle for ¼ - ½ of an inch. If however, you are an advanced stage, like myself for instance, it took me a year and a half to get my arms from 18 inches to 18.5 inches. Therefore, the more advanced you are, the more patient you need to be.
In bodybuilding, patience and perseverance will be your best allies. For more information on goal setting and having the right bodybuilding mindset, please take a look at my articles below:
- The Power of Goal Setting
- The Mindset of a Successful Bodybuilder
- The Formula For Boybuilding Success
- Mind Over Muscle
- Top 5 Reasons Why Bodybuilders Fail to Achieve Bodybuilding Gains
- Bodybuilding FAQ - How Can I Get Big and Lose Fat at the Same Time?