The Bottom Line
- Good for all levels of bodybuilders and weightlifters
- Comprehensive advice for all training related topics
- Honest and straightforward advice
- Author has 50 years of bodybuilding experience
- Covers all aspects of training, nutrition, supplementation and rest.
- Provides advice for the mental aspect of training and how to deal with lack of motivation.
- Resource appendix of helpful books, web pages and other bodybuilding and fitness resources.
Guide Review - Book Review - Brother Iron, Sister Steel by Dave Draper
It is in such a time that a man from the Golden Era of bodybuilding, a time where bodybuilders would push heavy iron first and ask questions later, emerges. This man is Dave Draper, the Blond Bomber, former Mr. World, Mr.America and Mr. Universe.
Dave came from an era when bodybuilding was something that came from the heart accomplished through pain, sweat, tears and heavy iron. There wasnt much training information published in those days; something inspired the creation of new ideas and new training concepts. Instead of focusing on researching the theoretical scientific reasons of why routines might work, they researched through experimentation which ones did. As a result, great bodies emerged from that era, created not by pharmacy, but through innovation and plain hard work.
Dave takes all of the knowledge from this Golden Era and puts it together in a logical, simple, concise, and poetic volume called Brother Iron Sister Steel. In it, Dave cuts through all the myths that are rampant in the fitness industry these days and replaces the confusion with enlightenment by presenting a clear and concise roadmap that will allow you to get where you want to go.